Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Size difference between online and desktop

Level 3

I just synced my entire dropbox to the computer (previously set to selective sync). Dropbox icon shows all up to date, on the desktop the size shows 262GB but online the total size is 577.69 GB which is a huge difference. Did anyone face such issue?

5 Replies

Re: Size difference between online and desktop

Dropboxer
Hey there @ambarishrh, thanks for checking in with us on the Forum, welcome aboard!

As a first step, could you check if you’re connected to the same Dropbox account that you see on your plan page across all your devices. You can check which email address is linked to your Dropbox desktop app by clicking on the Dropbox icon, selecting the gear icon and navigating to your Account tab in Preferences. Are they the same? Also, when you clicked on the Dropbox icon, what did the status of the Dropbox desktop app read? 

Do keep me updated on the matter here and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks in advance! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Hi Lusil

I am using the same account on the desktop and online (double checked the email id) and the Dropbox icon when clicked shows up to date

Dropboxer
Hey @ambarishrh, thanks for the prompt reply here! Below I’m gonna provide a few things to cross out of your checklist in order to narrow down the issue, so please bare with me. 

First of all, could you check if the content of your Dropbox folder and https://www.dropbox.com is the same? Do you see the same files and folders? 

Could you also let me know the OS system that you’re having this problem with?

Finally, could you please see if you have any incompatible characters by running a bad file check?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing back from you. upside-down face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Hello

Both local and Dropbox folders are same

OS is Windows 10 1803 

From bad file check, i found 18 files with issues 

Dropboxer
Hey there! Thanks for getting back on this thread and my sincere apologies for the tardy response on this. 

I wanted to let you know that I was able to locate your ongoing communication with my colleague and I’ve made sure to pass your comments along. Once they get to check the relevant info on our tools, they’ll respond to you via email with more info on your request. 

Thanks again for following-up here and for your patience throughout the process. Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Lusil

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Size difference between online and desktop
5 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post