Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Unlimited Storage for 100+ TB of Company, Movie, Music, & Adult Media Content

Level 3

I have been uploading files under the 30 day trial Business Plan for unlimited storage to test the speed, and since the 30 day trial period is close to ending, I also wanted to verify absolutely that both the amount and type of content I am uploading is acceptable. I have several companies with text, database, image, and other types of files, that has been generated over the past 30 years,. I also have over 100 Terabytes of various media content that include films, movies, tv shows, and a huge adult content collection. Does "unlimited storage" mean I can upload all of this content, which is over 100 terabytes of data/files, and is all of the type of content acceptable, and will only be accessable to me me and the people I invite to share. I currently have several active clients with share folders for various database developmetn projects we are working on, and I also allow some of them to access the various collections of media content I have collected over the past 30 years. Is that acceptable under this "Unlimited Storage" Business Plan? Please let me know as soon as possible before my 30 day trial period runs out so I can make the decisicon to keep or dump this Business Plan.

6 Replies

Re: Unlimited Storage for 100+ TB of Company, Movie, Music, & Adult Media Content

Dropboxer

Hey there @davidhaney  welcome to our forums; how are you today?

While we offer as much space as you need with your Dropbox Business (Advanced) subscription, we want to make sure that our users are fully utilizing the space they already have before adding more.  

When you upload more data into your account and find that you're nearing your current quota, feel free to chat, call, or write in to us and we'll be more than happy to add that additional space.

Since you're the team admin, you can find the support phone number in the Admin Console if needed:
1. Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin account.
2. Click “Admin Console.”
3. Click the “Help” tab.

The other way would be to log a ticket with our team and ask directly when needed. 

For information on security, compliance, and privacy, see our Dropbox Business Trust Guide: https://www.dropbox.com/business/trust

You will find details on Dropbox Business security - including our architecture and infrastructure, control, and visibility features - in the security section of the Trust Guide: 

https://www.dropbox.com/business/trust/security

If you would like more details, see our Dropbox Business security whitepaper: 

https://www.dropbox.com/static/business/resources/Security_Whitepaper.pdf

Moreover, note that Dropbox complies with widely accepted security standards and regulations like ISO 27001, 27017, 27018, 22301; SOC 1, 2, 3; CSA STAR; and more. Details about our certifications and the links to download them are available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/business/trust/compliance/certifications-compliance

We can also provide a SOC 2 assurance report upon request (again through our official channels). Please note that this would require you to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).

I hope this information helps to some extent David while I'll make sure to check back on this thread so please let me know if you have any further queries. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Unlimited Storage for 100+ TB of Company, Movie, Music, & Adult Media Content

Level 3
Thanks for the reply, however I just want you to tell me if I can upload 100 terabytes of movie, feature films, music videos, adult videos, and music that I have collected over the years. I dont want to go read your documents or call someone else if & when whatever. If you're a forum moderator, then just step up snd tell us. Can I upload 100 terabytes of any kind of file I want for just $20 a month .. YES or NO ??? Enough with the sales mumbo jumbo. Just YES or NO !!!

Super User II

Theres not really any need to be so rude @davidhaney.... the answer has been given (and correctly) that if you are a Dropbox Advanced user you can upload unlimited data.

However, please remeber that there is a minimum licence of 3 users for this account. So, it is NOT $20 per month it is a minimum of $60 per month - regardless of if you use 1 or 3 licences. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 3

First, I am NOT rude, but if I was I think I have earned the right to be rude since did NOT answer the question, and far from answering correctly. I asked if I could upload 100 TB and you didn’t answer YES (or NO). You gave me a bunch of mumbo jumbo crap. By the way, that was rude and I meant it to be. I asked if I could upload any type of content, such as movies, tv shows, adult videos, music and another other type of files I have collected over the years and you didn’t answer YES (or NO). I think anyone and everyone is pissed at false advertising, and so-called support people that give out mumbo jumbo answers that lead people on instead of answering a question outright. These are YES or NO questions. I think advertising this Business Plan is “unlimited storage” when it is NOT unlimited since you will not say I can upload 100+terabytes without ANY restrictions. You also advertising the plan is $20 a month, and its NOT. Its $60 and probably more if you upload more than 5 TB. The one thing that is good about your 2 replies is that it helped me clarify that this Business Plan is NOT as it seems and its one that anyone with more than 5 TB should pass on. Thanks for helping me decide it is smart to pass on this plan and just keep my own servers.

Super User II

And lets back up a few parts here. 

Both @Walter and myself have said it is unlimited space. So to make it clear Yes you can upload unlimited. 

It is also made VERY clear that its a three seat licence as well as unlimited space. This is from www.dropbox.com/business :
Space.jpg

Red and green are my additions. Red on the minmum licence part and green on the space one. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

I read David's post and have basically the same questions.  And to be honest I too thought the first response was really avoiding the answer and was mumbo jumbo.   But I also think that David was unnecessarily rude in response.  And while I've been looking at that Advanced level plan I also did not see that it was a minimum 3 license deal, and I've been looking at that plan mentioned several places.  So while it was definitely listed where you pointed I do think it was not really clear.

So the plan at $60 is much less appealing.  So in the end I got the answers I needed. Yes it's unlimited, but it's $60, not $20.  That's too bad. I was hoping to switch.

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unlimited Storage for 100+ TB of Company, Movie, Music, & Adult Media Content
6 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post