Dropbox Connect NYC and SF Join Now!

What Happens if I Unsubscribed from the upgraded plan

SOLVED
1 Comment
1 Kudo
Level 2

What Happens if I Unsubscribed from the upgraded plan

Hello, 

I'm currently planning on upgrading my standard dropbox account (2GB) to a (1TB) one. However, I was wondering what will happen to my files after I cancel the subscription. Since the files would exceed 2GB and I would no longer have a 1TB account, would I need to delete the files when unsubscribing to the plan? 

Regards,

Atheer,

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Super User III

Re: What Happens if I Unsubscribed from the upgraded plan

You dont need to do so straight away, however, you wouldnt be able to add to or change any files within the Dropbox cloud until you were back below quota.

Also, while Dropbox have never done so, the T&C's do reserve the right to delete files to bring you back under quota.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

1 Reply
Highlighted
Solution
Super User III

Re: What Happens if I Unsubscribed from the upgraded plan

You dont need to do so straight away, however, you wouldnt be able to add to or change any files within the Dropbox cloud until you were back below quota.

Also, while Dropbox have never done so, the T&C's do reserve the right to delete files to bring you back under quota.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!