Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

What happens to my files when my promotional extra space expires?

Level 2

Hi There,

Does anyone know that if let's said i have used the 8-10Gb out of 25Gb of the free space that i get from the promotion. After 1 year the space will be expired and get back to normal right (2GB)? Then how about my 8-10Gb of files will it be disappeared? Actually i wish to used just worry about my files will gets disappeared. 

3 Replies

Re: Regarding own files after a year free space

Dropboxer
Hey there @December_June,

Dropbox will never delete files from your account for you. When your promotional extra space expires, then you’re space will be reduced to the 2 GB (or more if you earned more space from referrals etc), and you will simply be over your space allowance.

In this case, you will still have access to the files in your account, but you won’t be able to add any new files or sync any new changes to files until you are within your space limit again. You can simply download and then remove some content from your account to bring you under your space limit, which will allow you to upload and sync edits to your files again. Another option would be to check out the subscriptions we offer as they grant more space for your account.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 2

Thanks a lot @Daphne

Dropboxer
You’re very welcome @December_June!

Hope you have a great day ahead - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

What happens to my files when my promotional extra space expires?
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post