cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: White Space Conflict

White Space Conflict

peter e.7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I keep getting extra folders created labeled White Space Conflict

how can I get this to stop?

yes, I have reviewed the thread https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/203280795-How-to-erase-White-Space-Conflict-fo...

thanks

12 Replies 12

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Peter

I recommend following up on the ticket if you still have questions - however, I believe your core issue with the White Space conflict may be something that would need to be investigated in the future as a new feature within Dropbox (rather than a bug). 

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

peter e.7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have responded to the email they sent me with the following message:

thanks for your reply

use the terms you choose. I would consider a Feature Request an enhancement.
this is actually a different situation, what I would call a Bug.

to be clear: dropbox changes my file and folder names.
those names are very important, they need to be preserved. Exactly, not "slightly modified"
the vast majority of those file names (probably All) are generated by application software.
When you change those names I would assume they will not be recognized and used properly in the original application: Worthless.

dropbox changes my file and folder names... I do Not want that, ever.

besides the huge amount of files, space, and bandwidth (13,600 items, totaling 3.9 GB) your copies serve no purpose for me.

I am willing to assist you in any way to trouble shoot this.
I am a Linux user, ext4 file format, using rsync cron for backups.

Thanks, Peter

=======

thanks

peter e.7
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

for context, this was their response:

Max, Jun 2, 2:08 PM PDT:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for contacting Dropbox support. It is my understanding you wish to request the feature of being able to save files of similar names with spaces.

I will be sending your ticket up as a feature request. As you already know saving files with names only different through a space is not something Dropbox allows t this time.

This will not be changed simply by the request of 1 user, but with this feature requested by numerous people it's likely Dropbox will listen and develop a resolution if one is possible.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please let me know.

Regards,
Max

Need more support?