Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

12 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
PG4
Level 3

business and personal accounts

Why has my personal account been downgraded in terms of space after i took on the trail of business and then cancelled it?

12 Replies
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: business and personal accounts

Hi there, when you downgrade a plan, any pre-existing quota you earned on your account remains the same as before you started the trial, so you don’t lose any space.

You can confirm this by checking your quota allowance from this page and see the amount that you’ve previous earned on your account.

Hope this helps to clarify matters.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

PG4
Level 3

After downgrading, my account now stands at 2tb whereas before trailing the business plan it was circa 100tb.

Clearly this should not happen.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I’m assuming you mean GB, not TB, since you can’t immediately have 2 TB when you downgrade.

It isn’t possible to have 100 GB of quota on your account unless you have applied a promotion from a third party, and even then the quota increase is temporary.

Could you forward a screenshot of the page I linked in the previous to confirm the quota you earned on your account? 

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

PG4
Level 3

My apologies, its was 100GB.

Where/how can i find what my previous allowance was before the trial of business?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

The link from my original post shows the quota you earned from referrals and bonuses, included expired bonuses. 

It’ll say how much your existing quota is from the earned space. You can also add up the expired space if you wish to see what your space used to be prior to the expiry date of the specific promotion.

Jay

PG4
Level 3

Capture.png

PG4
Level 3

Please advise what will be done to reinstate the allowances.

Super User II

You had two time-limited 48GB bonuses, both of which have expired. Your other bonuses total 7.5GB. Add that to the initial 2GB you get from a free account and you should have 9.5GB of available storage, which is what is listed at the top of the page.

Your quota appears to be accurate. The 100GB you're looking for (well, 96GB) expired some time ago.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the image, Rich is correct, the promotion expired long ago, and so would not have been on your account just before you started the 1 month trial.

Your current quota is (and was prior to your trial) 7.5 GB plus the free 2 GB. 

Jay

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Space.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post