Announcements
Everything you want to know about Dropbox Paper Learn more

dropbox and 'hard drive'

SOLVED
4 Comments
2 Kudos
Level 2

dropbox and 'hard drive'

I am TRYING to clean out my hard drive and putting ALOT of my stuff into dropbox...I have one folder that isn't copying to dropbox because it says there's only 9.7 g left. Well, it's 9.7 g ON MY HARD DRIVE...my dropbox is not even half fall. Why is it effecting my hard drive??
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Level 2

Re: dropbox and 'hard drive'

ooohhh...it's a selective syncing that i need to fix...there were quite a few folders that i 'need' but not on a daily basis. I can still access through dropbox but don't need 24/7 access which snycs to my dropbox/hard drive...okay slightly smiling face
4 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Level 2

ooohhh...it's a selective syncing that i need to fix...there were quite a few folders that i 'need' but not on a daily basis. I can still access through dropbox but don't need 24/7 access which snycs to my dropbox/hard drive...okay slightly smiling face
Dropboxer

Hey linda d.13

Thanks for reaching out about this query on the Dropbox Community, we’ll have this sorted in no time!

Please keep in mind that the Dropbox folder takes up physical space on your computer, meaning that the files are both available online and on your device, locally. If you’d like your files to be online-only, without taking up any physical space on your hard disc drive, please use the Selective Sync feature. 

If you need further assistance on that, please let me know in your reply!

Happy Dropboxing, 

JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Level 2

yea, realized that...looked on goggle too...went from 9g to almost 300g free on my computer!  again, so many files that i need but MAYBE about 1/2 dozen that i need access to at all times.  THANK YOU

Dropboxer

Hey linda d.13

Happy to hear that the Selective Sync feature is what you were looking for to free up some hard disc space. 

Just keep in mind that we're always here if you need help or have further questions. 

Because your opinion really matters, would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? Please include your feedback and let us know if there's anything we can do to improve! You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT 

Thank you in advance, hope you have a great week ahead! relieved face

Kind regards, 
JaneA 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow