cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expired space

How to get more Dropbox storage space for free

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I wanted to show you exactly what happens and what steps you'll need to follow in order to get more free space in your Dropbox.

From your Account Settings page you see all your current space and all the space you've earned.

To begin earning more free space, you can visit the Dropbox Get more space page here

From this page you can invite your friends to join Dropbox by emailing them, sending them a direct link to join or sharing your invitation on Facebook. You can earn up to 16 GB !

------------------

Finally, can check the space you've earned by going to this page and you'll have a detailed list of all the actions you've taken and how much free space you've earned!

If you have any trouble with this process or feedback and ideas about this, feel free to leave your comments below and I'll get back to you or reach us on @DropboxSupport on Twitter and our team will be happy to note your feedback and assist you!

Have a great day all!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

58 Replies 58

madx37
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I have already taken all of these, both gs and all the possible referrals but this is only for the personal account not for the work one (that now it's free with an 2GB quota). I can't find anything like this for the work account.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey madx37, 

Please clarify what type of Dropbox subscriptions you are referring to (basic 2GB, Plus 1TB). 

Business Standard plans have 2TB, Business Advanced unlimited space.  

If you have basic or Plus accounts, they have different email addresses, so you can use Mark’s suggestions to earn more space, if you haven’t already reached your limit. Here’s more info https://help.dropbox.com/space/earn-space-referring-friends

Thanks!

Sanchez
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

pcmdnh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Where can I see when and which space expires? I knoiw how to view https://www.dropbox.com/account/personal but it does not show expire just earned

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @pcmdnh,

You can check your quota, including the status of and space earned from promotions and referrals, by logging into the following page and clicking 'View all space earned'.

You can also reach out to our support team for further clarifications regarding when your promotional space expires and they'll be happy to help!

Thanks!

Zed

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Shainal
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

Is there away to configure dropbox folders such that the content is no longer stored on my local drive but only in the dropbox cloud?

thanks,

Shainal

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Shainal,

You can use Selective Sync, a feature of the Dropbox desktop application that allows you to select only the fol...

You can selectively sync the content in your hard drive and then once you mark the folders you don;t want to sync back to the web, you can safely delete them from your PC.

Alternatively you can uninstall the Dropbox app and use the web upload feature to manually upload your files via the web.

Thanks!

Zed

Greg S.18
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Greg S.18 wrote:

How much Dropbox space am I using?

You can see that information on your Account page.

Greg S.18
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

If my account was available I would not need this support help. Please do not reply as this is wasting your time.

bbarkanov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello, Two friends that I referred have installed dropbox and started using it. But it still says " Waiting for Install" in Space earned. How do I get credit for the referral? Thank you!
Need more support?