cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: not getting any more referal space?

Not getting any more referral space?

gingerweb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My last few referals are just shoiwng as "Completed" whereas before they were 500MB with a tick.

Does that mean im not going to get anymore space?

I am showing the following on my account:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If you've reached the maximum of 32 referrals, then you won't be able to earn anymore referral bonuses. That number doesn't change even if you subscribe. Just the amount of space you've earned from referrals is doubled retroactively.

i.e. If you've claimed 32 referrals, your bonus space would double from 16GB to 32GB when you subscribe. If you only claimed 10 referrals, you'd have 5GB of space that would double to 10GB if you subscribed.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Karina
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reaching out regarding your referrals! :grinning:

Before looking into this and further investigating, could you let me know how many referrals you’ve sent out to friends and family in total? 

The reason I ask is because, users can send up to 32 referrals to users in total, and if you exceed this limit, you won’t be able to send any more refferals than that (scratch that, you'll be able to send referrals, technically, but no bonus space won't be applied to your account any longer)

Let me know if this is the case or not & I’ll try my best to further advise from there. Looking forward to your response & Happy Monday! 

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

gingerweb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Karina.

thanks for the reply.

According to my settings i have sent a total of 43 invites

24 have given me 500MB

6 just say Completed with no space allocated

6 say waiting for install

4 say ineligable

3 say Invitation sent

Is it possible for me to earn more space at all ever or not?

thanks

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Double check that count. You've earned 19.25GB of space so far. Since the most you can earn through referrals is 16GB (as a Basic user), you've likely already maxed out on your referral bonuses.

gingerweb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

well it definitely says 19.25GB earned, but if i cant earn anymore then i wont be referring anyone else, seems a shame but why bother?

Karina
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey again, thanks for the swift reply! 

Hmm ðŸ¤” if you’ve received the space for 24 of the users, this means that you’re eligible for 8 more successfully earned 500GB of referral bonus space. 

Out of the 6 Completed referrals, could you please ensure and let us know if the users have:

If all of this has been done, it would we good for us to look into why you haven't yet received the bonus space for these additional 8 sign-ups from the "Completed" section. 

Thanks again! 

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

gingerweb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

as far as i know they have and they show as "completed" which would suggest they have?

also it seems i havent had a referal bonus since 2014, all the latest ones just show as completed as you can see what is happening currently if i refer someone after a long list of 500GB earned ones?

dropbox.jpg

Jruckers
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It looks like they have a cap up to 16 GB on the referrals for free space. 

gingerweb
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes its a strange one, either you want referals or you dont. Im sure there is a logical reason but i cant imagine what it is.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Yes, referrals are capped at a total of 32. If you're a Basic user (i.e., a Free account) you earn 500MB per referral for a total of 16GB. If you upgrade to a paid account, your referral space doubles to 1GB per referral for a total of 32GB for as long as you're a paid subscriber.

If there wasn't a limit on referrals, then no one would pay to upgrade to a larger account. They would just continue earning referral bonuses to gain as much space as needed.
Need more support?