cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Plan- Saying I have run out of space, but only using .09 of 2 GB data

Basic Plan- Saying I have run out of space, but only using .09 of 2 GB data

Harley234BLB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, 

I have a basic plan, which provides me with 2 GB of data storage. I received a message today that my dropbox is full and I need to upgrade to a $100 a year option. However, my plan says I'm only using .09 of the 2 GB of space. Therefore, that makes no sense. 

Apparently, with the basic plan, Dropbox doesn't offer any technical support via email or phone. I was hoping someone here might have a suggestion. 

I am unable to view the folders I was sent by someone until this issue is resolved, which is not very efficient. 

Thank you for your advice!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Harley234BLB, sorry to jump in here. 

Can you clarify how large is the folder you're trying to add to your account? If it's larger than your account's overall quota, it's normal that you get this message.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you looked at www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Harley234BLB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello Mark, 

Under Backups, it says 0 files and 0 bytes. 

Thank you

Harley234BLB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've tried going into the Backup section, but I didn't have that feature on, so I have no back-ups, I've also deleted shared folders, so I'm not sure the next step to take if anyone has any suggestions.

Thank you

Harley234BLB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Is there an email to get a response more efficiently?

Thank you 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Harley234BLB wrote:

Does anyone have another suggestion?

If your Plan page actually says that your usage is .09 GB out of 2 GB, then you can likely just ignore the email you received. Beyond that, if you've removed shared folders and other files from your account, wait a while and check back later. It sometimes takes a bit for the system to update your usage.

Is there an email to get a response more efficiently?

Support for the Basic plan is limited to the self-help options or posting your questions on the Community.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Harley234BLB, is it also possible that you received this email to a different address than the one your Dropbox account uses?

That might mean that you have two accounts.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Harley234BLB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Rich for responding. The problem is that when I try to open the file invitation I have received, Dropbox will not add it, because it is saying I do not have enough space. It says an upgrade is required. So I can't ignore the message if I want to access this work file. 

However, when I check my system, it says on .09 of my 2GB of data is being used. Therefore, I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem. I tried looking into backups, but there are 0 bytes or 0 files in there. So I need another suggestion of how to fix this issue. 

Harley234BLB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello Hannah,

I have a Dropbox account that is listed with my email. I received an invitation from a colleague to add a Dropbox file and open it to view the contents. When I click on that file, a message comes up that says my account has run out of space and I need to upgrade. However, when I check to see the status of what is in my system, it says I'm only using .09 of my 2GB. Therefore, that doesn't make any sense. Someone suggested checking backups, which I did. But I do not have backups turned on and Backups list 0 files and 0 bytes. 

I'm receiving the email invitation to view my work file at the email I use for Dropbox. There isn't another email. 

Thank you

Harley234BLB
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

uploads.jpeggrab.jpeggrab2.jpeg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Harley234BLB Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?