cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop says my storage is full despite having used only 17,6% och 6,25 GB

Drop says my storage is full despite having used only 17,6% och 6,25 GB

Lucie_love
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

My account in the Dropbox app says my unit is full, I've deleted some files and restarted Dropbox on my iPhone. It still says the same. The app, online account and my desptop app all shows the same files and same amount of files on all units. 

I only have one shared folder and it has a total of 141 MB of my storage. Below is a screenshot of my Personal Account Plan. Whys is this happening?

Lucie_love_0-1659527359687.png

5 Replies 5

Re: Drop says my stoarge is ful despite having used only 17,6% och 6,25 GB

Rich
Super User II

@Lucie_love wrote:

My account in the Dropbox app says my unit is full, I've deleted some files and restarted Dropbox on my iPhone. It still says the same.

Wait another three hours or so and check it again.

Lucie_love
Explorer | Level 3

I only have 17,6% after emtying my dropbox and while I waited until the next day I only managed to upload 6 photos worth ca 28 MB and it is full again (moved those files to my local computer harddrive). So no use in waiting three hours, this is an ongoing issue for the past few months. Next idea please???

Rich
Super User II

@Lucie_love wrote:

... I only managed to upload 6 photos worth ca 28 MB and it is full again ...

Where is it indicating that your Dropbox is full? The screenshot you provided above shows 5.15GB available in your account, and that's the true indication of your usage.

Lucie_love
Explorer | Level 3

The app for iPhone says full. I've deleted it and installed it again and the issue remains. It says delete and start the app again but it does not solve the issue.

Rich
Super User II

@Lucie_love wrote:

The app for iPhone says full. I've deleted it and installed it again and the issue remains. It says delete and start the app again but it does not solve the issue.

Are you certain you're signing into the same account on your phone that you are using for the Dropbox website? It's very common for people to have multiple accounts. Also, are you sure it's saying your Dropbox is full, and it's not referring to the storage on your phone? Can you take a screenshot of the error on your phone?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Lucie_love Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?