cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox claims to be full but it isn’t

Dropbox claims to be full but it isn’t

Sar62
Explorer | Level 3

I can no longer sync my dropbox because it claims to be full. However it is not full as I have deleted lots of files and I have no shared folders. The deleted files have all been permanently deleted. It seems to have got confused when I deleted a lot at once. How can I reset it please? I only have 6 small text files totalling 5.8mb.   

kb

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Sar62 wrote:

I can no longer sync my dropbox because it claims to be full. However it is not full ...

Check your Backups page.

Sar62
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks. I discovered an old computer was still linked so I have deleted that now, however my Dropbox is still showing that it's full, even though it isn't. Any other ideas please?

Rich
Super User II

@Sar62 wrote:

Thanks. I discovered an old computer was still linked so I have deleted that now, however my Dropbox is still showing that it's full, even though it isn't. Any other ideas please?

Wait a little bit and then check again. The space calculation can sometimes take a bit to update.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Sar62 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?