cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox shows 15gb online but locally there are only 2gb, why?

Dropbox shows 15gb online but locally there are only 2gb, why?

dinodino
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My account has around 15gb, and everything is synced to my local folder - and I double-checked that by comparing the list of folders.

The folder size, locally, is 1.93gb. Online, it says 16.29gb (and yes, it's 1.29 more than my max).

Every time I try to delete something, it gets back to that full size (and more) after 30 minutes. I made sure to delete my 'deleted files' folder.

I made sure it isn't the shared folders, as I currently do not have any shared folders, as it shows they are only 1.6gb (again, not sure how, it's not what I see locally).

I honestly have no clue what's going on.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dinodino wrote:

The folder size, locally, is 1.93gb. Online, it says 16.29gb (and yes, it's 1.29 more than my max).

You likely enabled the backup feature. Check your Backups page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dinodino wrote:

You likely enabled the backup feature. Check your Backups page.

dinodino
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes!!! This was exactly it! Thank you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dinodino New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?