cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earned Quota lost due after attaching personal account with team and then changing email

Earned Quota lost due after attaching personal account with team and then changing email

marikbane
New member | Level 2

Dear Support, 

I have a personal dropbox account (let A denote the email used for this one) for many many years, accumulating quota from various referrals and events. My company sent me an invitation and I opted to use A with my team's dropbox. My boss suggested that I use my company's mail (let's call it B) as my dropbox official email instead, so I asked the company dropbox admin to change A to B. Re-logging in to dropbox A, my quota is reset to 2GBs! 

Can I somehow get back my original quota for A? 

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@marikbane wrote: 

... I asked the company dropbox admin to change A to B. Re-logging in to dropbox A, my quota is reset to 2GBs!

Signing in with the same email address on a new account doesn't restore your quota. It's a new account that never existed before and therefore only has the base quota that you get on a free account. The email address associated with it doesn't matter. Your original account was merged into the team and now belongs to your company.

Assuming your bonus quota still exists, it would be attached to the account that you used when joining the team. The only way to get that account back is to have the team admin convert it back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete the account. They need to convert it.

If you decide to go through this and the team admin allows you to, I'd suggest first deleting your new account that uses email A, so that email address is available again. Have the admin change your team account back to that email address and then convert it back to an individual account. If your bonus quota still exists, it would be attached to this account.

If you need to rejoin the team, create a new account using your work email address and ask the admin to send an invite to that email.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?