cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files showing in dropbox that I did not put there

Files showing in dropbox that I did not put there

Mike Florida
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am getting a dropbox message saying my dropbox is almost full, but when I look at the actual files I have loaded to dropbox it totals about 350meg.  However, when I look at the activity on my account it shows several files added about 21 days ago that I did not put in my dropbox, and I don't know what they are or who put them there.  They show to be on some external drive that I have no access to.  I cannot delete them, view them, or do anything with them.  I think they might be filling up my dropbox.  How can I get rid of them?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mike Florida wrote:

They show to be on some external drive that I have no access to.  I cannot delete them, view them, or do anything with them.

Sounds like you backed up an external drive. Check your Backups page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mike Florida wrote:

They show to be on some external drive that I have no access to.  I cannot delete them, view them, or do anything with them.

Sounds like you backed up an external drive. Check your Backups page.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Sounds like you've accidentally set up Dropbox Backup.

www.dropbox.com/backups

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mike Florida
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks Rich.  I don't know how I did that, but I do see an External Drive folder when I click on the link you sent me.  Can I just delete that?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Mike Florida, you can follow these steps to disable your external drive backup.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?