cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: First time user-but says I am out of space upon initial login. How can I be out of space if I...

Re: First time user-but says I am out of space upon initial login. How can I be out of space if I...

Hannah
Dropboxer

Can you actually send us a screenshot from the plan tab in your account settings? See below:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

JulieHL
Explorer | Level 3

I've done that twice already.  It's in the chain.

Rich
Super User II

@JulieHL wrote:

I've done that twice already.  It's in the chain.

You haven't, actually. The first screenshot was of the Plan page, but it only shows a portion of the page. Hannah is asking for the full page which will show much more than what's included in your first screenshot. A full screenshot of the Plan page would look like this, which shows the plan you're on along with the breakdown of your current usage:

f9227f9bcdff08cb4107bc20367719ed.png

Your second screenshot is showing a list of your recent shared folders, though it does show what is likely the issue you're having. That screenshot shows that the shared folder called MnSBDC is too large to add to your account. It shows the folder size as 2GB but that's likely the approximate size of the folder. You have a Basic (i.e. free) account which includes 2GB of storage. If that shared folder is larger than 2GB, even just 2.01GB, then it would be too large to add because you don't have enough space. I'm guessing that the folder size shown there is either approximate or rounded, and that the folder is too large for the amount of space you have available.

Need more support?