cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full storage problem

Full storage problem

Johnzen
New member | Level 2

Good day,

I just want to ask, my boss avail a 3TB storage for work purposes and added me in his team so that I can also use the storage but in my account it says that i need to upgrade because i used all the storage available for me which is only 2gb. Hope someone can help me regarding this problem. Thank you

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Johnzen wrote:

I just want to ask, my boss avail a 3TB storage for work purposes and added me in his team so that I can also use the storage but in my account it says that i need to upgrade because i used all the storage available for me which is only 2gb.

You were likely added to a shared folder, and shared folders take up space in your account. You're accessing a copy of the folder that exists in your account. You're not accessing his account directly.

Now if your boss has a Business team with an available license, he can invite you to join the team. Doing so would allow you to merge your account into his, using one of his licenses, and you would get access to the team space. This is not the same from simply being invited to join a shared folder.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?