cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Grid View

Grid View when accessing shared folders through shared links?

Teresa H.13
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I find it incredibly frustrating that I cannot view images in a folder by grid. The idea of creating an album for each folder seems crazy -- especially as those folders seem to be on a per account basis rather than across our cloud storage.

I find it frustrating that I would have to then search for an album in a non list way to view its contents, which with the 60+ albums I'd have to make, could become impossible quite quickly, when all I want is to be able to view the contents of a folder in grid view. If this is something that an archaic system lik Microsoft can offer, dropbox should be able to offer it as well. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Barny,

We are always looking for user input regarding the features on our website. I will make sure your comments are passed along to our development team.

Thank you for your feedback.

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aryeh S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Completely agree. If you have a shared folder link that you navigate to while logged out, you can see a grid view option. It's really an odd omission that this is not available in a folder view when logged in.

Giorgio R.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Agreed. That's the only reason I don't use Dropbox to manage my photos...

Pablo M.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Is there a way to force Photo Grid in a link? 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

No.

Barny
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I totally agree with this. I'm a graphic designer and often share a drobox link to a moodboard with a client. As I never know if they have Drobox or not I have no way of knowing if they are seeing a list view (e.g. if they added the folder to their Dropobox) or grid view (if the haven't added the folder or aren't logged in).  It seems like such a basic feature that it's omission is probaby deliberate - for example to engourage users to use the desktop app and not rely too heavily on the web interface.  @ the Dropbox team... if you're out there, grid view would be a great feature and would help a lot of creatives & designers.

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Barny,

We are always looking for user input regarding the features on our website. I will make sure your comments are passed along to our development team.

Thank you for your feedback.

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?