cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view the size of Dropbox files and folders

How can I see the size of all files in a folder?

DLBurkhart
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Most file storage systems at least have a column with file sizes. The only way I can find in DropBox to see file sizes is to individualy view a file's history. Ideally, I want to see a sortable column of file sizes in the list view. A total size for the current folder would also be helpful.

Is there some hidden easier way to show storage used by each file or folder?

Even the total storage "used" information is inaccurate since it combines shared storage from other accounts. This information would be more intuitive if displayed as "unshared", "shared", and "combined".

14 Replies 14

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@GREG CHICK wrote:

The help says login in look at file size Colum, if you don't see it hover over and select the size colum.   I do not see any Colum, nothing pops up or down.

Click the down arrow on any column header (other than Name) and you can choose Size, Type, etc.

7b515c6499203cebf277940482e192c0.png

ryanmouttet
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I cant seem to get any file sizes from anywhere. Not even the info panel on the right. I would also like to filter all my file sizes. Can anyone advise?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ryanmouttet wrote:

I cant seem to get any file sizes from anywhere. Not even the info panel on the right. I would also like to filter all my file sizes. Can anyone advise?

ryanmouttet
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

ryanmouttet_0-1656683456673.png

I also cannot "Reply" in a discussion community group.

ryanmouttet_0-1656683610036.png

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @ryanmouttet, I've merged you to this thread which has other users asking the same question, along with the solution.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?