cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not have enough space in my account.

I do not have enough space in my account.

marek_wes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear Forum,

Would be most contented if I could get an answer to this question.

I do not need to use Dropbox for synching anything else, but my Keepass database.  My Keepass database is installed on my laptop, and need to synch it to my mobile phone.  It was working well, until I lost my mobile phone a few months ago.  Now, I am trying to set up the synch on a new mobile phone. 

I can sign in to my account on my laptop. 

I currently have a free account with Dropbox. 

I have used 1.9GB of space. 

I have a total of 2.3 GB on the account. 

Why, then, when I sign in to my Dropbox account on my mobile phone, am I told that I need to upgrade, particularly since I use nothing else but Keepass?  Would be most grateful if somebody could answer this,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If thats the case you are using 2 different accounts - one on the mobile and one on the computer. It isnt possible for 1 account to have 2 quotas. 

You should be able to easily test this by adding a file to one of the devices and looking for it on the other one. 

To solve log out of the account on the mobile and re-log in on with the same one as on your computer. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

What exactly is the error?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

marek_wes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear Mark,

The problem with my account is that I have an account on my laptop.  This account is showing that I have enough space.  No problems there.  However, when I open that same account on my mobile phone, I am told that I do not have enough space.  I should transfer to a different, paid for, plan.  Trouble is, I am not using a lot of space anyway.  I am just trying to sync my Keepass password database on my laptop with my mobile phone. 

The space used by the password database is about 46 kb. 

Would be most grateful to be given any suggestions here, please?

Marek   

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If thats the case you are using 2 different accounts - one on the mobile and one on the computer. It isnt possible for 1 account to have 2 quotas. 

You should be able to easily test this by adding a file to one of the devices and looking for it on the other one. 

To solve log out of the account on the mobile and re-log in on with the same one as on your computer. 

marek_wes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear Mark,

Thanks very much indeed for your help.  Will take your advice and try this,

Marek

AnotherGuy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Because they want to upsell you... to make more $$""""
Need more support?
Who's talking