cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not need storage. I have a basic account. See below

I do not need storage. I have a basic account. See below

aspencer16
Explorer | Level 3

On January 17th I contacted Dropbox Support and cancelled my subscription for the free Basic Plan. I had a Dropbox support chat and the ticket# is 20712427.  I do not need to have Dropbox save any of my files.  I was supposed to get the details of my chat so I could click no file backup but I never got the chat conversation.

I keep getting emails about being over my limit. I don't want any limit because I have other backup sources..

I need help.  Please can someone call me or email me about how I can click no backup.  Dropbox keeps asking me to upgrade for more storage.  I don't need any storage.

HELP!!!

I only want to sync Mac Reunion files with my computer, iPad and iPhone.  That's it.!!

HELP!!!!!  aspencer16

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @aspencer16, thanks for joining our Community.

If I understand correctly, you keep getting emails that you're out of space, ever since you downgraded your account, right?

If you go to the plan tab in your account settings, what is your current usage?

The free account offers 2 GB of storage space, so if you take a look at your account's contents here, do you see any files that might be bringing you over your available quota?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

aspencer16
Explorer | Level 3

I have lots of photos and videos that I do not have to back up on Dropbox.  I have them backed up on multiple external hard drives and on iCloud.  I do not know how to delete them.  I only need Dropbox to be able to sync my computer, iPad and iPhone with Reunion, a genealogy app.  In the past I have been able to update the app on my computer, and my iPad and iPhone are updated automatically.

I have tried repeatedly to get someone to help me.  

On January 17th I contacted Dropbox Support and cancelled my subscription for the free Basic Plan. I had a Dropbox support chat and the ticket# is 20712427.  I do not need to have Dropbox save any of my files.  I was supposed to get the details of my chat so I could click no file backup but I never got the chat conversation.

I keep getting emails about being over my limit. I don't want any limit because I have other backup sources..

I need help.  Please can someone call me or email me about how I can click no backup.  Dropbox keeps asking me to upgrade for more storage.  I don't need any storage.

HELP!!!

I only want to sync Mac Reunion files with my computer, iPad and iPhone.  That's it.!!

HELP!!!!!

aspencer16

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update here, @aspencer16.

If you no longer want your files to be saved in Dropbox, you can delete them, by following the steps here.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

Thanks for the update here, @aspencer16.

If you no longer want your files to be saved in Dropbox, you can delete them, by following the steps here.

Additionally, disable the Backup feature if you haven't already.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    aspencer16 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?