cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

I don't have free space to access shared files. What can I do?

I don't have free space to access shared files. What can I do?

Ar2762
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I just started using dropbox like a week ago. I do not have any files in it so basically, I should have 2 GB free space but when I try to access a shared file that just 71 MB, it says I cannot access it because I do not have free space for it. The all-files tabs and all the other tabs are empty but still it won't let me access the file. Is there any solution for this??

4 Replies 4

Re: New user for basic plan

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Ar2762,

What can you see on your plan page? Is it clear there what does actually engage your space? Some more info can come up from your backup page.

Hope this helps.

Ar2762
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

It shows that the PC has been backed up which I do not want but it is not letting me delete it as well. Is there any way I could delete those??

Thank You 

Rich
Super User II

@Ar2762 wrote:

It shows that the PC has been backed up which I do not want but it is not letting me delete it as well.

You need to disable the backup feature.

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hmm....🤔 If you don't want Dropbox Backup, why have you turn (or left on install time) it on? Read more careful what you turn on/off further, not just to accept everything! 😉 Sometimes, like now, the default is not the best (it's even far from best in some cases). Follow the link posted by Rich.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    Rich Super User II
    Ar2762 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?