cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It says I have 27gb of files, but I can't see them?

It says I have 27gb of files, but I can't see them?

bizzy bo
New member | Level 2

I recently decided to downgrade my storage space to 2 GB so I went through and moved all of my files to my local drive.  Now that my subscription is up. it says I have 27GB of files that are not syncing.  Well, I don't see them anywhere, nor did I see them when I was moving my files out.

There are a couple folders still there, but no way are the anywhere close to 27GB.

The only thing I can think of is there may have been some missing files when I switched my laptio to the M1 because I remember thinking a few folders were missing.

I want to know where these 27GB of files are and what they are.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @bizzy bo, sorry to hear about this.

Can you please take a look at your account's homepage and your backups page as well and let me know if you can find any files or folders taking up space?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

bizzy bo
New member | Level 2

Hey thank you so much for responding to me.  Actually, it looks like these files strangely ended up in the backup folder.  When I go to recent, there are a bunch of files from 2020.  I guess these just didn't sync when I bought my new computer.  I never deleted them though so it is strange they weren't in my main folders.

So I guess to get them back I just have to sign up for a subscription again, download them, and then cancel my subscription?

bizzy bo
New member | Level 2

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 11.16.03 PM.pngAnother strange thing I notice, is that sometimes when I click recent, I get these videos, and other times, I get some different "downloadable" videos.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @bizzy bo, if the content already exists inside your Dropbox account, there is no need for you to subscribe. 

You can download the content locally, then delete the files in order to free up some of your hard drive space. 

As for your Recents tab, it could be possible that you're seeing different files there, depending on when you last accessed, or edited the files. Could that be the case for you too?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    bizzy bo New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?