cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Storage

My computer is getting full, but I have enough space on Dropbox

Don1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Is my computer's internal drive affected when I upload files to DB? I have 1.5TB on DB, and am moving files from an external to DB. But, my internal operating drive seems to getting filled up.   Wrong setting somewhere?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Don1 wrote:

Is my computer's internal drive affected when I upload files to DB?

Yes, because the Dropbox folder on your local drive is a regular folder like any other, and anything you put in it takes up space on your drive. Dropbox is a file synchronization service, meant to keep the files located in your local Dropbox folder in sync with your account online. The Dropbox folder takes up space just like any other folder on your drive.

I have 1.5TB on DB, and am moving files from an external to DB. But, my internal operating drive seems to getting filled up.

After moving files into your Dropbox folder, there are options you can use to save drive space.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Don1 wrote:

Is my computer's internal drive affected when I upload files to DB?

Yes, because the Dropbox folder on your local drive is a regular folder like any other, and anything you put in it takes up space on your drive. Dropbox is a file synchronization service, meant to keep the files located in your local Dropbox folder in sync with your account online. The Dropbox folder takes up space just like any other folder on your drive.

I have 1.5TB on DB, and am moving files from an external to DB. But, my internal operating drive seems to getting filled up.

After moving files into your Dropbox folder, there are options you can use to save drive space.

Don1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you!  Set up "Sync" and it's realigning now

Need more support?