cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Move feature

Problem with Move feature

romperace
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I got an offer for 100GB of storage with my new laptop. I signed into my existing Dropbox account attached to my primary email add to accept the offer, and my account shows 102GB available. However, when I go to dropbox.com/move to start the process of migrating my files to my new computer, I get this error:

You can’t continue the file-transfer process while signed in to Dropbox with your [insert primary email] account because this isn’t the same account you used to begin.

Any insight you can offer for how to resolve this would be appreciated. I'm not sure if it's referring to my Microsoft email address that I used to set up Windows, but I did not use it for Drop box at any point.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @romperace, thanks for posting to the Dropbox Community!

Have you tried installing the Dropbox desktop app and just signing in to it, using your Dropbox credentials instead?

That should allow you to sync your Dropbox files to your new computer.

Let me know how that goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?