cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving the 2 GB storage limit

Receiving the 2 GB storage limit

etxpng
New member | Level 2

Hi! I have recently received a warning from Dropbox that I am close to the 2 GB storage limit for my free Dropbox account. In order to not be forced to buy the Dropbox subskription I jhave been adviced to stop synchronization of my Dropbox account. According to my friend, who has a 4 GB free Dropbox account, this will lead to that I will not receive any more warnings as long as I am not synchronizing my local files to the Dropbox files in the cloud. Do you agree to this explanation or will Dropbox continue to give me the 2 GB warnings irrespective of the size of my unsynchronized local files?

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @etxpng, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to our Community!

If you're not going to be syncing any files that would put you over your account's quota, you won't be receiving any warnings like this.

Note that you can also turn this email alert off from your account's settings online. 

If you'd like to make up some space on your account though, you could either delete some files you no longer need in Dropbox or remove any shared folders that might be putting you over your account's quota limit.

You could also earn some additional space by referring your friends and family to Dropbox. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you need anything else. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?