cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Folder taking up my Dropbox space

Shared Folder taking up my Dropbox space

smasher00zy
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone,

Extremely new to dropbox. I have a folder that has been shared with me and 20 additional people from a company who subscribes to DropBox. Dropbox is currently giving me a message that I am out of space and can no longer sync the files, however, I don't need the files in my personal drive. I want to be able to access the files without them syncing but cannot find the setting to turn off autosync, likely because I have a free account.  Can anyone help me?

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @smasher00zy 

There is no way to do that I'm afraid. If they are in your Dropbox because you need read/write access to them they will use your space and quota. 

If you ONLY need read only access to them you'll need to leave the share, delete them from your Dropbox and ask for a read only link instead. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?