cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared file storage space

Shared file storage space

loganm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cannot find the answer to this anywhere. I have 102GB of storage. My share folder is telling members of it that it is out of space. I can still upload into it just fine. It tells them the limit is 2GB. What is the issue

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@loganm wrote:

I have 102GB of storage. My share folder is telling members of it that it is out of space. I can still upload into it just fine. It tells them the limit is 2GB.

YOU have 102GB of storage; the other members do not. They are still limited to the space available in their own account. Remember that each member of a shared folder has their own COPY of the folder in their account, so they need to have enough available space to hold the entire folder.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@loganm wrote:

I have 102GB of storage. My share folder is telling members of it that it is out of space. I can still upload into it just fine. It tells them the limit is 2GB.

YOU have 102GB of storage; the other members do not. They are still limited to the space available in their own account. Remember that each member of a shared folder has their own COPY of the folder in their account, so they need to have enough available space to hold the entire folder.

loganm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you so much for the clarification. Frustration over lol.

DropDragon
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
This is why dropbox didn't earn my business. When choosing a storage service to pay I chose one that didn't double, triple, quadruple... count files. Dropbox, I think you should stop this. It strikes me and others as exploitative. I really appreciated your service until the day my client shared a folder with me. I'm sure you've had internal debates about how much money this underhanded move is making you, and, well, for what little it's worth, you can count my money against that figure.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DropDragon Explorer | Level 4
    loganm New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?