cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage says full but NO files taking up space

Storage says full but NO files taking up space

wish2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox keeps saying it is full but when I go into it, there are barely any files (taking up very small space) and no shared files. There does not seem to be a way to see what individual files are taking up all the space so unsure how to proceed. Where did all the space go?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you accidentally set up backups? 

www.dropbox.com/backups 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Have you accidentally set up backups? 

www.dropbox.com/backups 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

wish2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That was it! Thank you.

Kevin K.46
New member | Level 2

After struggling all afternoon I found thanks to your advice that it had backed up an ssd of files which I didn't want copied. The link you gave me took me to the page I needed to delete it and now everything is great again. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kevin K.46 New member | Level 2
    wish2 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?