cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring files from out of space basic account to new plus account

Transferring files from out of space basic account to new plus account

jbags
Explorer | Level 3

Greetings from an ancient Newby (recently converted to Mac OS but still coming off Windows),

Don't ask me how but following a renewal mistake and refund I've ended up with an excess of files (about 300GB's worth) in an out of space Dropbox basic account. I want to apply the refund to upgrading another basic account - with a different ID - to "pro" status, then transferring across the files from the first account. Will I be able to do that as a single (circa 300 GB) package or are there transfer size limits meaning I'll need to break the the files down into smaller packages? Can I do it all within Dropbox or might I need to route things externally via M1 silicon running Ventura?  All advice gratefully received.

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jbags, happy Monday! 

Let's get to it, in order for me to explain how you can transfer your content from one Dropbox account to the other. 

You didn't clarify how you plan to transfer your files from one account to the other. Do you have a specific idea in mind, such as File Transfer, shared folder or different that you'd like to know about? 

I think, since you're referring to content that's almost 300GB, it'd be a good idea to use our desktop app, sync the content, then transfer content from one account to the other. If you wish to know more about that, let me know. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?