cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if my capture recording size exceeds my available dropbox space?

What if my capture recording size exceeds my available dropbox space?

Geoff S.10
Helpful | Level 5

What if my Capture recording size exceeds my available Dropbox space?

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Geoff S.10, thanks for posting here! 

With Dropbox Capture, you can record up to two hours total, with no limit on individual recording, as long as you have enough space on your Dropbox account. 

I hope this clarifies. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Geoff S.10
Helpful | Level 5

Megan,

No, unfortunately it actually just raises other questions:

1. <<With Dropbox Capture, you can record up to two hours total, with no limit on individual recording>>  What does that actually mean?  Can I record five symphonies of 60 minutes each or am I only allowed to record two?
  2. Once I have recorded the 2-hour limit, will it allow me to start a recording but not save it? (that would not be good!)
  3. Does Dropbox keep track of the total length of all my recordings and completely stop functioning as soon as the total exceeds 120 minutes?
  4. Does Dropbox stop recording as soon as I exceed my Dropbox space, or does it record the entire event but not save it if the mp4 file would exceed my space?  Or does it chop off the saved recording at the precise point that my storage quota is exceeded?  Or does it go ahead and save the entire recording but warn me that I'm over my quota?

There's a lot of ambiguity here so I can't afford to start using the product for important meetings until these issues are clarified.  It looks like a great product but I need your help to explain these limitations.  Is there a more detailed explanation than just the marketing blurbs your team put out when releasing the product?

Thanks.

Geoff S.10
Helpful | Level 5

Is anyone working on my questions???

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Geoff S.10, apologies for the delay here.

So, currently, you can continue to record using Capture until you hit the 120min recording time limit (irrespective of your storage quota).

Basically, if you have recording time on Capture, you can always record and it will get saved, regardless of your Dropbox space.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Geoff S.10 Helpful | Level 5
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?