cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Dropbox is full

Your Dropbox is full

vanroodboy
New member | Level 2

I'm trying to send files to a client's DropBox account, and I'm getting this message: Your Dropbox is full.... Yes my Dropbox is full because I have a basic account, but why should this affect sending files to another account?

5 Replies 5

vanroodboy
New member | Level 2

Is there a way to contact a human at Dropbox? 
Surely there is a Customer Services email or phone number for technical support? 

Mark
Super User II

Support options all depend upon your plan (i.e. if you pay or not). 

All options are shown at www.dropbox.com/support. If you are a FREE user the only support options are the Help Centre or here. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II

Are the files in your account @vanroodboy ? If so they use your quota.

Instead of putting in your account ask for a Dropbox Requests link instead.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

vanroodboy
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark, 

No, the files are local on my laptop, but I have to log in to Dropbox to access the link sent by my client. 

So I'm essentially sending files from my local laptop to my client's subscription Dropbox account. 

I don't see how my storage, or subscription plan, should affect this. 

Mark
Super User II

If the folder is in your Dropbox account, as it obviously is if its saying you need more space, then you cannot do it - any folder that you see at www.dropbox.com/home uses YOUR quota regardless of who 'owns' the folder. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    vanroodboy New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?