cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox error message said it has almost 2000 files and is full.

dropbox error message said it has almost 2000 files and is full.

lndanz
Helpful | Level 5

I have 2 MacBook pro computers. The dropbox on the older one is telling me it is full and that I have almost 2000 files in it, which is not true. I have deleted any unneeded/unused files/folder so it is now back to bare bones. My new MacBook pro with dropbox does not indicate this and shows exactly what is contained in the dropbox. I have tried to remove dropbox from my older MacBook but it does not take the greyed out icon in the bar at the top of my screen. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove that problematic icon and start over. I have deleted/removed, downloaded and installed dropbox but that did not affect the grey icon. Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @lndanz, sorry to hear about this.

Can you try uninstalling the app as outlined here and then use the offline installer from this page directly and let me know how it goes?

If you have any antivirus or firewalls running, you can close them temporarily to see if they're interfering somehow. 

Keep me posted with any updates!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?