cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox, lost my data and dropped me down from 4.25G to 2.0 g

dropbox, lost my data and dropped me down from 4.25G to 2.0 g

unhappy-Hollis
Explorer | Level 3

Due to bonuses forgetting others to signup for dropbox, I had a 'basic' account with 4.25G of data. Not quite full, but about 3gigs.

I have not logged in todropbox in a while. Today, my account is 1. only 2.0gigs and 2. Compltely empty.

As I only hav e free account, even the chsat won't try to answer.

Obviously, I will give dropbox the 'badmonthing' whic it so richly deserves.

no error messages, no notice of changes. no service.

7 Replies 7

unhappy-Hollis
Explorer | Level 3

I am confused. Between your first and second comments you somehow got back you bonus space. No idea. 

I have similar situation to your first comment. I had with bonus, a total of 4.25G. I had about 3g of data.

I went into dropbox today, only to find out I have only an empty 2.0g storage. Like you, I got NOTHING from Customer service.

I am glad you  seem to have gotten your data back. I would like to have that happen to/for me.

unhappy-Hollis
Explorer | Level 3

Ok, I see that what I thoght was second comment, was in fact the end of a series.

Ok. 

I still don't understand why my own account dropped to 2.0 and discarded all of my data.

Rich
Super User II

@unhappy-Hollis wrote:

I have not logged in todropbox in a while. Today, my account is 1. only 2.0gigs and 2. Compltely empty.

When did you last sign in to the account? If it was idle for more than a year, it would have been deleted due to inactivity. If that's the case, you're now signed in to a new, empty account.

I've moved your replies to the other topic here, as this is not the same situation as the other topic that you replied to.

unhappy-Hollis
Explorer | Level 3

Like so many of the users here, I had bonus space, which I have lost. Along with my bonus space.

It has been maybe a couple of months since I  signed on to Dropbox. NOT over 12 months.

I had to move some stored data around.

NOW it is ALL gone.

I have checked, even in spam, there are not any emails fro Dropbox, much less anything saying I must sign in to avoid losing my account.

As when I tried to sign on today, I was able to, without a problem. Unles you count the facts of missing space and missing data to be a problem.

Not a happy camper.

Mark
Super User II

@unhappy-Hollis 

What does www.dropbox.com/events show? 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

unhappy-Hollis
Explorer | Level 3

Different problem now.

All data is gone from dropbox.com   Andd ropbox says it is new account, with only 2g of space. and no activity. No Events, nothing..

BUT all data is still on my desktop[ and it shows 4.25g, as it should]. Then on my phone, only a small portion is saved. Unclear how much is there.

I seldom go to dropbox.com, but while using MS word, I frequently use 'save to Dropbox'. several time a week. I thought that 'saving to dropbox' on computer, also saved it to the cloud.

Unless I hear from someone, I am going to move all my data from desktop to another cloud storage.

I used to brag about how good Dropbox was, but no more.

Rich
Super User II

@unhappy-Hollis wrote:

All data is gone from dropbox.com   Andd ropbox says it is new account, with only 2g of space. and no activity. No Events, nothing..

BUT all data is still on my desktop[ and it shows 4.25g, as it should]. Then on my phone, only a small portion is saved. Unclear how much is there.

You likely have more than one account and you're signing in to them in different locations. Make sure that the email used to sign in to Dropbox on your desktop is the same email that you're using when you sign in to the Dropbox website, and likewise on your phone. If the emails are different, the Dropbox accounts are different.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    unhappy-Hollis Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?