cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faulty storage space calculations

faulty storage space calculations

jpmelech626
Explorer | Level 4

Ok, her it goes.
Its showing me as being 1G over my limit.  here's the rub, after removing all my files, exiting all shared folder/files, etc. It still has me over my limit and trying to force me into a paid subscription.  seriously, I HAVE NOTHING IN MY ACCOUNT OR VAULT.  I did have items in there but i off loaded everything to get me under.  Still shows the same amount of usage.  In fact, AFTER offloading everything from this account, the usage space WENT UP.  this is ridiculous.  I feel like I'm being scammed by dropbox.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Have you accidentally set up Backups? 

www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jpmelech626
Explorer | Level 4

No, backups are disabled because i backup every night to and external ssd.  I literally have no usage at this point and its still showing me as over my usage limit.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jpmelech626, sorry to hear about this.

Could you send us a screenshot of your plan tab so that we can have a visual of your quota breakdown as well? 

Also, are you seeing any files or folders on your homepage

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    jpmelech626 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?