cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: keeps pushing me for storage

keeps pushing me for storage

qwerty667788
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I have been given edit right to another persons dropbox folder. 

Each time I click on the link dropbox keeps pushing me for purchaing another plan?! 
I don't need more space - i just need acces to someone elses space?

ANyone  know how to get around that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@qwerty667788 wrote:

You don't get access to someone else's space. If you've been invited to join a shared folder, you get your own COPY of that folder, so you need to have enough space in your account to hold the entire folder.

If you only need to view the files, you can ask the owner to send you a shared link. If you need edit access, you need space in your account to hold the entire folder, or ask the owner to share a smaller folder with you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@qwerty667788 wrote:

You don't get access to someone else's space. If you've been invited to join a shared folder, you get your own COPY of that folder, so you need to have enough space in your account to hold the entire folder.

If you only need to view the files, you can ask the owner to send you a shared link. If you need edit access, you need space in your account to hold the entire folder, or ask the owner to share a smaller folder with you.

qwerty667788
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for your help.

annoying - then we would another service in the future!
THANKS!

Need more support?