cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: usage changes withought my adding any file

usage changes withought my adding any file

orbitmic
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so apologies if my question is silly but I tried to find the answer with the search and could not find it.

I have a basic account with 15.75GB space. I received messages that I was "almost full" and should upgrade. I checked and saw I was on 14.9 used so deleted many files a few days ago (which I could save to a separate business storage alternative) and the usage went down to about 12GB. 

The next day, I received a message saying that my dropbox was almost full and to my surprise, when I went to my account, usage had gone back up to about 14GB without my saving anything new.

I tried to think and guessed that maybe the usage had gone back up because I had not emptied by recycle bin, so I went to do this on my computer, deleted more files, and this time usage went back down to 10GB. 

Phew, I was sorted... except that again, the next day, I got the same "almost full" message, and to my bewilderment, the usage is showing as 14.4GB again without my having saved a single new file since yesterday when it was showing 10.1. 

Does anyone understand what is happening here and what I can do? I mean, either the system is missing that I have deleted so many files, or it isn't and then I must have been way over my limit before. ANy help would be much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@orbitmic wrote:

The next day, I received a message saying that my dropbox was almost full and to my surprise, when I went to my account, usage had gone back up to about 14GB without my saving anything new.

You likely have the backup feature enabled. Check your Backups page.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@orbitmic wrote:

You likely have the backup feature enabled. Check your Backups page.

Need more support?