SOLVED
23 Comments
6 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5

ATT ISP Connection Issues with Dropbox

Hello,

DO NOT MERGE THIS THREAD WITH ANY OTHER

This a seperate thread to get a count of all ATT Fiber ISP customers who are experience issues with conneting to dropbox with the desktop app. 

Based on responses from a previous thread it seems it could be an ATT and Dropbox conection issue (not antivirus, firewall or other user adjustable settings).

It seems this issue stated around Oct 1st and has not been resolved or responded from dropbox. 

ATT has not been any help and can not find an issue on their end.

ALL user who have ATT and starting experiencing syncing issues, please respond to this thread.

I want to use this to send to ATT and DROPBOX so they will take our issue seriously and fix it as it is seriously impacting my business (and I am sure others).

AREAS EFFECTED (updated 10-05-17, 1630ET):

Raleigh / Durham/ Chapel Hill, NC

Wilmington, NC

San Diego, CA

San Francisco, CA

Chico, CA

Vallejo, CA

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: ATT ISP Connection Issues with Dropbox (Since Oct 1) - DO NOT MERGE WITH ANOTHER THREAD

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Based on your reports we were able to identify a problem with one of our network providers.  We shifted traffic away from this provider yesterday afternoon and you should no longer be experiencing this problem.

--John
23 Replies
Level 2

Re: ATT ISP Connection Issues with Dropbox (Since Oct 1) - DO NOT MERGE WITH ANOTHER THREAD

I have this issue and have ATT fiber

Level 5

Also lets put our locations ... I am in Wilmington, North Carolina

Level 2

ATT/San Diego
CXY
Level 4

ATT Fiber Raleigh/Cary Triangle Area

Level 4

AT&T Fiber, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

I have no problems when connected via my Verizon wireless hotspot. 

Level 5

I just spoke with ATT support (my resolution manager) and they escalted this to their Tier 3 for solution. Lets hope they find something they can adjust to fix the issue.

I will keep everyone updated on this forum about the results.

So far we have the follow areas (I will add to it as we go):

Raleigh / Durham/ Chapel Hill, NC

Wilmington, NC

San Diego, CA

Super User II

Hi rpearson

If ATT is having issues with there routing that isnt something Dropbox can help with I'm afraid.

Where are traceroutes showing the issues failing?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 6

Add San Francisco Bay Area, California... (ATT)

Level 5

Mark wrote:
Hi rpearson

If ATT is having issues with there routing that isnt something Dropbox can help with I'm afraid.

Where are traceroutes showing the issues failing?

I do understand that, but ATT was saying it was a Dropbox app issue yesterday (when I spent the entire day on the phone with multiple levels of support personelle). I was convinced it was not just a Dropbox issue and as I assumed it is a widespread ATT issue since Dropbox works perfect on all other networks. 

The intent of this thread is to gather information to prove it is a wide spread issue with ATT ISP connecting with Dropbox. I would hope that both companies would communicate to try to resolve this widespread issue as it is impacting a lot of business and both could suffer loss of business from it.

Also note, I had OneDrive running on ATT with no issues what so ever. No other services we use are effected either, so even though it’s an ATT issue ... it also is a Dropbox issue if their service is not available on a large business ISP.

If this cannot be resolved soon, I might have to move from Dropbox. We need a service that is reliable on all ISPs since our employees can be assigned to projects across the globe at any given time.  This is the first time I have had this issue that cannot be resolved locally on a computer or network.