Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 2

Android 8 / Gal S8 not syncing photos

My phone has stopped syncing photos - I've got plenty of storage available on my phone and on my account. Not sure what's going on or where to start.

Thanks! 

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

Re: Android 8 / Gal S8 not syncing photos

All taken care of - forgot that this was a replacement phone and for some reason when it downloaded all my apps to the new phone that setting didn't turn on automatically.

Thank YOu! 

3 Replies
Dropboxer

Hey there (@jenng94), I’m here to help you move forward on the matter as much as I can; I hope you’ve had a great Friday so far! 

Since I’d like to ensure that I’m following-up on the right thing (& I’m sending you the most appropriate info), I’d appreciate it if you could answer these questions below to give me some context on what’s happening:

Spoiler
  • For starters, can you let me know whether you’ve updated your android phone to the latest OS version? Also, are you running the latest version of our app (122.2.2)? 
  • Following, can you please clarify if you’re uploading your photos manually, using the (+) button, or you’ve enabled the Camera Uploads feature?
  • I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of what you’re seeing (or just in case you’re getting any error messages) in your next message here, so as to get a better idea of what’s happening.
Thanks in advance for taking a bit of your time to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next reply on this discussion, in order to check back the possible causes in more depth together. Enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

All taken care of - forgot that this was a replacement phone and for some reason when it downloaded all my apps to the new phone that setting didn't turn on automatically.

Thank YOu! 

Dropboxer

Pleased to hear it’s all sorted for you now @jenng94! Feel free to drop us a line on our Community Wall if you have more thoughts or questions in the future. Happy iphone uploading & take care until we talk again! Unicorn

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Syncing and uploads.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post