cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
In need of some #MondayMotivation? Read more

Are we ever going to get a mobile upload progress indicator that makes sense?

3 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Are we ever going to get a mobile upload progress indicator that makes sense?

Right now on android, when you go to "photos" you can see the progress of each file uploading. In between each upload, that section flashes the number of files remaining - for maybe a tenth of a second. You can miss it if you blink.

This is just kind of...a really weird thing that I experienced when I got dropbox for the first time on my phone back in...2012 or so. Figured it would be changed in time to maybe indicate how many files remained for longer than .1 seconds? But it hasn't been. Am I the only one who has noticed this?

3 Replies
Super User II

Re: Are we ever going to get a mobile upload progress indicator that makes sense?

Can't speak for Android, but on iOS there's a progress bar and an indicator of how many files are left. Two indicators, actually, as the Photos tab at the bottom also has a count of the remaining files. Both are visible whenever there are files remaining to be uploaded.

I'm surprised this isn't in Android. Are you running the latest version?

2017-10-06 21.17.51.png

Level 2

Re: Are we ever going to get a mobile upload progress indicator that makes sense?

Nope, not on android. That's running on a Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Samsung S7, AND Samsung S8 active. None of them have had it. (and yeah I'm on the latest version right now)
Level 2

Here's a screenshot. I probably uploaded 5 after this?

2017-10-06 19.27.43.png