Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 3

Auto Sync

My photos don't aoto sync any more on my android. I can do it manually just fine, but it won't do it automaticlly any more.  Is this a feature that only upgraded people get now?  If not, what am I missing?  I've played with my Dropbox app on my Android many times and can not see an option to automatically load my photos to my dropbox. 

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: Auto Sync

The option you want to look for in Dropbox Settings is called Camera Uploads. Make sure it's enabled on your phone.
4 Replies
Super User II

The option you want to look for in Dropbox Settings is called Camera Uploads. Make sure it's enabled on your phone.
Level 2

Same issue here, camera uploads are enabled and they do work but only occasionally. I can no longer photograph something and have it waiting in my camera uploads folder when I get back to my desk, it can take days for it to sync without me manually selecting the photos and uploading them.

The problem occurs with full battery, on Wi-Fi and 4G. My handset is a OnePlus 3t. OxygenOS 5.0.1

I have tried stopping and restarting the dropbox app and full phone restarts to try and kickstart the sync. No effect that I can see.

Level 2

any luck solving the problem? i have the same issue, seems it only upload if the app in my android is opened. i do have activated the uploading from camera option, using wifi and 4g. so i dont see why its not working anymore

Dropboxer

Apologies for the late reply @lauragg - are you still having issues with our Camera Uploads feature? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • lauragg
  • Questy
  • Walter
  • AMLA
  • Rich