Known issues - updated June 24thsee more

Auto Sync

SOLVED
Go to solution
4 Comments
1 Kudo
Level 3

Auto Sync

My photos don't aoto sync any more on my android. I can do it manually just fine, but it won't do it automaticlly any more.  Is this a feature that only upgraded people get now?  If not, what am I missing?  I've played with my Dropbox app on my Android many times and can not see an option to automatically load my photos to my dropbox. 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Super User II

Re: Auto Sync

The option you want to look for in Dropbox Settings is called Camera Uploads. Make sure it's enabled on your phone.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Super User II

The option you want to look for in Dropbox Settings is called Camera Uploads. Make sure it's enabled on your phone.

Level 2

Same issue here, camera uploads are enabled and they do work but only occasionally. I can no longer photograph something and have it waiting in my camera uploads folder when I get back to my desk, it can take days for it to sync without me manually selecting the photos and uploading them.

The problem occurs with full battery, on Wi-Fi and 4G. My handset is a OnePlus 3t. OxygenOS 5.0.1

I have tried stopping and restarting the dropbox app and full phone restarts to try and kickstart the sync. No effect that I can see.

Level 2

any luck solving the problem? i have the same issue, seems it only upload if the app in my android is opened. i do have activated the uploading from camera option, using wifi and 4g. so i dont see why its not working anymore

Dropboxer

Apologies for the late reply @lauragg - are you still having issues with our Camera Uploads feature? 

Rainbow Did you like my answer? Hit the "Kudos" to let me know! Rainbow 

White check mark Found my post helpful? Feel free to 'Accept as Solution"  below so other users can find it quickly! White check mark 

Arrows Counter Clock Still Stuck? Contact our support team Arrows Counter Clock

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4841
Mark 3764
Jane 1054
Tom_M 886
Greg K. 804