Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Uploads (iPhone) Not Working

SOLVED
23 Comments
16 Kudos
Highlighted

Camera Uploads (iPhone) Not Working

Hi  - recently my Camera Uploads/Import has just stopped working. I plug my iPhone in and it says no new Photos found, but in fact I have lots of new photos.

Please advise - I have tried removing and reinstalling Dropbox, have tried removing all my files and readding, with no luck.

My setup is MacBook with Dropbox and iPhone 7.

Thanks.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Camera Uploads (iPhone) Not Working

Hi,

These are Mac specific instructions for resetting your camera uploads please try to do the following to fix your issue:

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel
• Choose "Preferences".
• Go to the "Import" tab.
• Uncheck and check again "Enable camera uploads for".

This will reset your Camera Upload settings for all your devices. When you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it.

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

23 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Hi,

These are Mac specific instructions for resetting your camera uploads please try to do the following to fix your issue:

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel
• Choose "Preferences".
• Go to the "Import" tab.
• Uncheck and check again "Enable camera uploads for".

This will reset your Camera Upload settings for all your devices. When you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it.

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

bwj
Level 4

That worked.  Thank you very much.  

bwj
Level 4

I did not see any "Accept as Solution" option.

This does NOT WORK.

I tried it, and first it said my iPhone was locked, even though it wasn't. Then eventually it said "Importing Photos & Videos, 8 minutes left" and does absolutely nothing.

Level 2

I have exactly the same. I tried to reset the settings many times and even removed my dropbox and reinstalled it. Nothing works. Dropbox says 'Importing Photos' (11 minutes left). When i remove my phone from my computer, it continues this message. What can i do to make it work again?
Level 5

I am also having the exact same problem.      I did try the reset, but it's not working.    Dropbox shows it's "synching" but no synching is occuring.  This began with the new OS update.  

Level 4

That reset did not work for me.
Dropbox syncs fine with my flash crads from cameras, but not with my iPhone.

It worked well on a Macbook Air with El Capitan.

After migrating to a MacBook Pro with Sierra (OS 10.12.2)

• It still syncs with my flash cards
  • It does not sync with my iPhone 7 iOS v. 10.2
  • It starts to sync, asking for permission to upload (the usual start for a new device), followed by the report that there are "About 9 minutes left..."
  • It stays at that level.
  • Cancelling the import using the cancel button on the upload report window closes the window but the menu bar drop-down menu still reports "importing photos..."

The console reports a slew of error messages from Dropbox, the last being

default 22:47:05.205319 -0800 Dropbox dbBlobVersion() failed for a non-existent database
default 22:47:05.205504 -0800 Dropbox CSSM Exception: -2147413737 CSSMERR_DL_DATASTORE_DOESNOT_EXIST
default 22:47:05.205646 -0800 Dropbox CSSM Exception: -2147413737 CSSMERR_DL_DATASTORE_DOESNOT_EXIST
default 22:47:05.205694 -0800 Dropbox CSSM Exception: -2147413737 CSSMERR_DL_DATASTORE_DOESNOT_EXIST
default 22:47:19.475709 -0800 Dropbox [0x1024b1600] Created session
default 22:47:36.191926 -0800 Dropbox TIC TCP Conn Cancel [1:0x608000187290]
default 22:47:36.192143 -0800 Dropbox __nw_socket_service_writes_block_invoke sendmsg(fd 169, 31 bytes): socket has been closed
default 22:48:03.458489 -0800 NowPlayingTouchUI [NowPlayingTouchUI] Reloading available apps due to workspace activating an application: NSConcreteNotification 0x600000252720 {name = NSWorkspaceDidActivateApplicationNotification; object = <NSWorkspace: 0x60000000e790>; userInfo = {
NSWorkspaceApplicationKey = "<NSRunningApplication: 0x60000011d760 (com.getdropbox.dropbox - 3240)>";
}}

iPhoto sees the iPhone and imports the photos without problem. So this seems to be a dropbox issue.

Any sugestions?

Level 2

Got stuck uploading using my iPhone7 as well !
cdc Level 2
Level 2

I have an issue that I have recently enabled iCould Photo Library which now puts my entire photo collection (30,000 photos) synced to my iphone.  So when dropbox tries to back them up is it now going back in time and trying to upload all these photos.  It would be really good if you could specify a time range to DropBox for the backup - ie backup photos/videos for the last month/6months/year only.