cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Upload Error on Mac OS High Sierra/ Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Camera Upload Error on Mac OS High Sierra/ Photos...Could Not Be Imported

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Since April 10, I've been spending a LOT of time trying to upload photos and videos from my iPhone 7 [iOS 11.3 (15E216)]  to my Mac [macOS High Sierra (Version 10.14.4)]. It used to do that no problem, but no more.

Sometimes I get only an error message, while other times, I get a message that makes me hopeful -- "Finding photos / Thus could take a while..." But it is followed up by another error message.

I've tried everything I can think of, including disabling then enabling imports, installing the newest version, etc. -- but I still get nothing but error messages. The two most common are:

1.  "Camera upload error / Failed to import 210 of 210 photos."

2.  "210 photos or videos from 2018.Phone.7 couldn't be imported. 0 photos and videos were imported."

Please help. Thank you!

54 Replies 54

mrboss
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

hello Jane

I can't find an email with your Support Request in my inbox. The only mails i get from dropxox are the ones refering to this yctual formum discussion.

regards

christian

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mrboss

Try checking http://dropbox.zendesk.com - if not, @Jane will get back to you during the week days!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

benjuang
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm seeing this problem as well.

I am using an iPhone 8 running the latest iOS 11.3.1, OS X 10.13.4, Dropbox 47.4.74.  It seems to uploade a few photos randomly and then fails with a x photos or videos from <phone name> couldn't be imported.

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 12.55.49 AM.png

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @benjuang - may sound a bit obvious, but did you try disabling it and enabling it again? 

We had some issues last week that could have turned off Camera Uploads by mistake (even if checked). Can you try it (or if you did / just quit Dropbox and open it again) to see if it resolves the issue?

I've passed this to our team regardless so they can check it further in the meantime.

Ed G

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

benjuang
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Yep, tried disabling it and enabling it. Also restarting. And re-installing Dropbox.

Note: Opening the Dropbox preferences again, it looks like it self-updated to v50.3.66.

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Got it - let me check this with our engineers

Ed G

darrenbock
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am also still having this problem since my original post to this thread. I'm now curring using dropbox version v48.4.58. I opened a ticket with Support as requested previously but they have not provided any resolution.

Michelle A.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I got a solution that worked for me from Dropbox Support. Thought I'd share it here for those who might benefit:

The application "Image Capture" which apparently comes with Macs -- who knew? -- can act as a "middleman" in the process to transfer images to Dropbox.

• Go to the Spotlight Search (top righthand side of your computer) and type "image capture".

• When it comes up, select your phone from the interface on the lefthand side of the app.
  • The images from your phone will pop up in the main window of the app. Select those which have not been imported. 
  • (You might want to click the box that says "delete after import" or "Keep originals" at the lower left of the app.) 
  • Select Other -> Dropbox -> Camera Uplpads in the "Import To" dropdown.
  • Click on the "Import" or "Import All" button and it will import.

Most of these steps don't have to be repeated on subsequent uses.

As I mentioned, I'm not thrilled with this "workaround," but I suppose it will do until Dropbox engineers get around to fixing what is obvious problems.

mrboss
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
thanks fort sharing this

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey all, happy Monday! 

Indeed Michelle A.8, thanks a lot for sharing these troubleshooting steps with us, I’ve made sure to Accept your last post as a Solution, as this workaround might fix the behavior for some users. I’m also here to follow-up on the progress of your requests & help you expedite matters as much as possible. 

• mrboss I’ve made sure to resend you my latest reply in case my message was hooked by a spam filter in your inbox, though just so as to make sure you’re receiving our correspondence, I’d advise adding "no-reply@dropbox.com" to your address book. 
  • Benzman & benjuang, I’ve also made sure to reach out to you directly on my end via email, in order to continue working on this issue from where we’ve left off here.  
  • darrenbock I can see that your open ticket has now reached a higher level technician & in order to expedite matters, I’ve also raised your support priority internally. Rest assured that you're in safe hands! 
Once again thanks a lot to everyone for your ongoing cooperation & patience & I’m wishing you a creative week ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

PhilippePierre Explorer | Level 4
    Rick_M Experienced | Level 13
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    tomlauren New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?