Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Can you help me access my files?

Level 2

I have a personal dropbox and a work dropbox (shared by people at my company). Ive had no problem going back and forth between them until today, when I suddenly got locked out of my work account and it says that I need a business account to access it. How do I solve this? 

4 Replies

Re: access to files

Super User II
Sounds like your work place have upgraded or changed their Dropbox accounts. Have you asked your workplace if they've put anything in place like this?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Unfortunately, no. Im in a pretty small office - no one changed anything (at least not that they will admit to)

Level 3
I can not access any valid folders and somehow created and downloaded files I don’t need or want as well as being told I purchased a lease for four more people I only signed up for a free 30 day trial because I was told I had to in order to view the training video that I am required to watch to keep my job I WILL NOT PAY A PENNY for this app TOTAL RiIPOFf! Thank You Catherine Pollock

Super User II

msherman1 - it sounds to me like somebody at the workplace has put a restriction on the email addresses used on the accounts to move them to a business one.

The only other thing I can suggest is to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for help. You can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com.

Or, you could try a screengrab here.

cpollock - sadly you've been lied to by your work place. You do NOT need a business accounts to view anything they are forcing on you. Thats THERE decision, not a Dropbox one. And when you signed up for the 30 day trial it does clearly state the minimum licence number is 5, sadly you've just not read that part.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can you help me access my files?
4 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post