Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

yes

6 Comments
2 Likes
Level 1

Dropbox App on my desktop is not syncing all files

I have one particular folder that is not updating on my desktop dropbox. When I log in online and check that  particular folder I have 8 files i can see. When i view that same folder on my desktop app, I can only see 3 out of the 8 files. I tried removing my access and got resent another invite to share the folder, but it is still only showing 3 files on the desktop app vs the 8 files i can see when I log in online. Any suggestions on how to get those to match each other? Only having issues with 1 folder. All the others are working fine. Thank you!

6 Replies
Super User II

Re: Dropbox App on my desktop is not syncing all files

What does Dropbox say if you mouse over its icon on your status bar?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 1

When I mouse over it in the status bar it: Gives me the dropbox version being used and below that says "up to date".

Highlighted
Level 5

I've had problems with Dropbox not updating/syncing from my new Windows 10 machine to online & to my Windows 7 machine at home.  When I come back to my W 10 machine and open the folder, then it syncs. I put Dropbox back in the startup menu. I hope that helps, but having it in the startup menu may have caused other aspects of W10 not to work - like the Windows search bar, Start menu failing, forcing me to log off and on again to fix the critical error, among others.  I uninstalled Dropbox again today, and reinstalled on Win 10. Win 7 NEVER gave me problems with Dropbox!

Super User II

Nicole - have a look at www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check

Andrew - Dropbox, obviously, cannot sync without it running. I'd suggest making sure you have the most recent version of Dropbox installed from www.dropbox.com/install and keeping an eye out on MS and Dropbox for updates. There are LOTS of products having issues with Win10

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 1

I just added drop box and safeincloud. It synced the first 7 id and passwords, but I added 25 more and it won't sync between macbook pro and IPhone. I tried deleting everything and re installing, but no help. I'll take any suggestions.

Super User II

I'd suggest speaking to safeincloud as its there product which isnt working Ken.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Syncing and uploads.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.