cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox doesn't sync when I logout from session

Dropbox doesn't sync when I logout from session

Romul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, guys! Sorry for my english =(

Dropbox syncs normally when I log in. I quit the session, throw the file over the network into the dropbox folder, I go through the web interface, but there is no file there. Synchronization does not go. I log into the server again, and the file is synchronized. The service is up and running. I do not understand something. Why then the service if synchronization occurs when I am in the system.
Help me to understand.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the detailed reply, @Romul

Hmm. :thinking: I’d kindly suggest moving this discussion to email, due to sensitive and account-specific info that may be required so as to further investigate. In this case, I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile. Would that be alright with you? 

Let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there @Romul!

If by any chance you're referring to a server, I’d kindly recommend checking this article out - it might provide you with more relevant info. 

If not, could you please clarify if you’re experiencing some trouble with syncing from the desktop app and the website? Are you seeing any errors - in which case, a screenshot (excluding personal information) would be very helpful.  

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Romul wrote:

Why then the service if synchronization occurs when I am in the system.

Dropbox syncing does not run as a service. It only runs when logged in as a user. The service you see is likely the Update service, which is used to update the application; not your files.

Romul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for the answer.
So. I have a server where dropbox is installed. I shared this folder over the network, from another computer I go to the server using the RDP.
So, I connect to the server via RDP, put the file in the dropbox folder, without closing the RDP session, go from my computer to the website and check if there is a file - synchronization is in progress, the file is there. But when I exit the session on the RDP from the server, the files are not synchronized.
You sent me the article, it says that sharing the dropbox folder over the network
It can cause errors, but when I go to the server via RDP, the synchronization happens normally, despite the fact that the dropbox folder is open for full access via the network, this is where the session is, when it is open, everything is fine, when I leave the session, the synchronization stops working.
I already tried to start the service on behalf of the user under which I open the session, it does not help.
Help me please.
In general, dropbox can synchronize without logging in to the session ???

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the detailed reply, @Romul

Hmm. :thinking: I’d kindly suggest moving this discussion to email, due to sensitive and account-specific info that may be required so as to further investigate. In this case, I can contact you to your email address associated with your Forum profile. Would that be alright with you? 

Let me know and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Romul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

my mail is [personal info removed]

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Romul, for privacy reasons, I’ve removed the email address you mention in your post. For additional security purposes, I’m only able to directly contact the email address that is associated with your Forum profile. 

Having said that, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile, so as to further investigate. Please check your inbox for my latest message.

If you’re not sure which email address is associated, click on the Dropbox logo that you see on the top left corner of your screen, navigate then to the avatar that’s on the top right hand-side of your screen, and go to Settings. On the first tab (General) that you’re presented with, you should see the relevant email address. 

Cheers! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

RobbertdeRouw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Real helpfull like this....

Hrachazizian
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hello Romul, were you able to fix your problem? I have the exact same issue

RobbertdeRouw1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was able to fix this using a third party software tool called AlwaysUp.

This runs any exe as a service.

Need more support?