cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox for salesforce communities

Dropbox for salesforce communities

John_Novell
New member | Level 2

Any plans to make Dropbox for Salesforce App available for Salesforce communities users?  I'm a Salesforce partner and have had a number of clients request this feature.

~john

Latest Update
Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, this idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Status changed to: Closed
11 Comments
Adilzulqarnain
New member | Level 2

I have installed Dropbox for Salesforce app in my salesfroce account. Now I want to add dropbox in salesforce community as well. Is there any workaround?

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Adilzulqarnain, welcome to our community! 

I’m afraid I can’t help you with this one, as Dropbox for Salesforce isn’t currently supported in Salesforce communities. Perhaps another user will chime in with a suggestion or workaround for you. 

Cheers
Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @John_Novell - how are you today?

Thanks for reaching out with this feature request! We are always looking for ways to make the Dropbox for Salesforce experience better and I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our development team.

In the meantime, could you elaborate on what exactly you'd like to see implemented and how John? (I'm only asking so as to pass your feedback to the team in the most accurate way)

Thanks in advance for your response. 

PS: You can find more info about our active integration with Salesforce on this page and this one too. 

John_Novell
New member | Level 2

Hi Walter,  

I talked with your Dropbox team at Dreamforce '18.  From my understanding enabling the Dropbox for Salesforce lighting component in Salesforce communities is on Dropbox's technology roadmap.

I have a number of Salesforce clients wanting to use Dropbox to share documents in the Salesforce's partner central .

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Syncing-and-uploads/Dropbox-for-salesforce-communities/td-p/263896

Please advise if I can particpated in a pilot program.

~John Novell

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for the tardy response John - I hope my message finds you well.

I have already reached out via email to the address you use for your forum's profile to discuss this internally and put you in touch with a member of the appropriate department if needed.

Take a look at your inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks in advance @John_Novell!

ravikumar123
Explorer | Level 3

I have installed Dropbox for Salesforce app in my salesforce account. Now I want to add dropbox in salesforce community as well. Is there any workaround?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @ravikumar123, your inquiry echoed @Adilzulqarnain’s post & for that reason I’ve made sure to merge it under the relevant Idea, just so as to add your voice to the feedback we’re gathering on the Community. Kindly note that you could upvote :ballot_box_with_ballot: this feature implementation here to show your support if you’d like to see this in the future. 

Thanks & please let me know here in case you have any additional questions or thoughts! 
Fefris
New member | Level 2

did anything move forward here? The dropbox visualforce component for lightning looks almost functional when added to a community page, wouldnt take much to make it work

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

This idea is going to need a bit more support.

We've updated the status to encourage more users to back you up!

Status changed to: Gathering Support
Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thank you for your idea, while we can’t take every idea forward we do regularly re-review and will update you if anything changes!

Status changed to: Not for right now
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

5 votes received Status: Closed