cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox icon in taskbar shows "Connecting..." but nothing is happening and files are not syncing

4 Comments
1 Kudo
Level 3
a week ago

Dropbox icon in taskbar shows "Connecting..." but nothing is happening and files are not syncing

HELP!! This is happening on both desktop and my phone. I have unintalled and reinstalled.  My internet connection is working fine. Where do I go from here?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User
Tuesday

Re: Dropbox icon in taskbar shows "Connecting..." but nothing is happening and files are

Something on your computer or network is blocking Dropbox from connecting to the Internet. Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software and try again. Also, if you're able to get to Dropbox Preferences, ensure that the Proxy setting is set to No proxy.

Level 2
Tuesday

Re: Dropbox icon in taskbar shows "Connecting..." but nothing is happening and files are

the solution not helpful, as dropbox shows a sign connection to internet all the time but not syncing

Rich wrote:

Something on your computer or network is blocking Dropbox from connecting to the Internet. Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software and try again. Also, if you're able to get to Dropbox Preferences, ensure that the Proxy setting is set to No proxy.

Level 2
Tuesday

I uninstall all firewall or antivirus software, and the problem still exists
Super User
Wednesday

Something on your computer or network is blocking Dropbox from connecting to the Internet. You need to determine what that is and correct it. It's usually antivirus or firewall software, but could also be your networking equipment (modem/firewall, router, etc.). If you're on someone else's network, ask the IT group for help as they could be blocking it.