cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is re-syncing my files again?

Dropbox is re-syncing my files again?

Viqhaas M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why on earth is this happening ?!? its resyncing everything again nothing has been changed why ?

114 Replies 114

Emma C.8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As you can see - mine is doing exactly the same thing, it made me look incredibly unprofessional to a client whom I was trying to deliver a folder to as it wouldn't sync, so I had to upload the files using another sharing app. WTF??

Viqhaas M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hey guys. It's the original poster here, don't worry about that it just checks the files and doesn't reupload. Just give it a few minutes and it sorts itself out.

Brian C.5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No its not, mine does it all for hours then finally gets around to uploading new work. Not done it for a while with me though.

Simon Y.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thought it was just me but my mac book air was running hot and realised it was trying to sync 117,000 files even though I update one or two. My desktop is doing the same and taking up all the bandwidth so slowing the PC down to unusable. The file k often work on has not updated and so I have two versions. I only spotted it because the numbers were wrong /different. This is very very poor as this is exactly what I was trying to avoid.

I am having serious doubts over drop box and may well cancel my subscriptions.

This is frankly RUBBISH

Simon Y.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

And in reply to the user who said it will take a few minutes!! Mine has been running for hours and hours with no signs of finishing.

Pure RUBBISH

Jeff H.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue here. Does dropbox resync all my thousands of files on my PAID account every time they publish an update on the app? That is absurd. I guess I better get used to their unimpressive web based platform. 

Mike R.41
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. My paid dropbox is syncing 20+K files out of the blue (dropbox update?) and now cannot deliver an important update to an app on a server until the sync finishes. There must be a better way to accomplish dropbox updates!

Matt B.73
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem. Suddenly ALL files began to re-sync. We have over 100,000 files and it DOES NOT quickly check the files and finish, it will take days at this rate (I'm on day 2). Absolutely unacceptable.

Martin M.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem on OS X - it had disconnected my business dropbox and offered to connect it. Then it started downloading all files again - very very very annoying. 

Craig M.18
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I now join the ranks of this community. I have been a dropbox pro customer for years and I have hundreds and thousands of files in their system.

Today it prompted me to login again and then began an index process which lasted most of the morning. That done its now Synching well over half a million files again!!!!!!!!

Dropbox. From the thread above it does not look like you have managed to resolve this issue. Are there any updates?

Oh - macOS BTW El Capitan

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Angela S.21 New member | Level 1
    Rob D.2 New member | Level 1
    Craig M.18 Helpful | Level 5
    Martin M.21 New member | Level 1
    Matt B.73 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?